Once again, a casual encounter in a Facebook group has led me to yet another bad ass warrior in the Reinvention Revolution.
My guest, Juju Hook, had a 30 year career as a brand strategist, first with major corporations and then with her own boutique agency, Strategic Juju.
But, the convergence of her son's entry into puberty and her own journey into menopause (two things that go together like “beer and ice cream” according to Juju) launched her into a realization and mission to redefine our midlife into what she calls”Prime Time”.
In her new book, “Hot Flashes, Carpools & Dirty Martinis: The Quintessential Guide for Turning Midlife into Primetime” , JuJu will share practical tips, and a proven system for turning midlife into PrimeTime. She will give it to you straight about why you're feeling lukewarm about middle age, and why it should be the hottest time of your life, as well as practical tips, and a proven system for turning midlife into PrimeTime.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- The unlikely person who set Juju on her path to writing the book
- How Juju reframed her thoughts and went through a series of trials and course corrections
- One little word that will open the door to opportunities
- The lies of the “middle-aged woman” label and why you buy them and wear them around.
- How Juju realized that there are 3 problems and 6 lies that hold women in midlife back.
Links from this episode:
Get your copy of “Hot Flashes, Carpools & Dirty Martinis: The Quintessential Guide for Turning Midlife into Primetime” by Juju Hook, for free (pay only shipping and handling)
Juju's website, Strategic Juju
Mirror Work: 21 Days to Heal Your Life by Louise Hay